background

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Finally Christening Gown


Okay I am finally getting around to getting the pictures of the Christening Gown that I made for Baby Julia on here. The lining wasn't really as shiny as it looks in the picture.

They are not the greatest pictures, because for some reason I can't seem to remember to take pictures before I deliver the item.
So I took these pictures quickly and they really don't show the beauty of the netting I used.


I really had a good time making this dress. I love sewing this sort of thing. I used a pattern from "Grandmother's Hope Chest" by Martha Pullen. It was a simple basic yoke pattern.

The lining I used was some sort of poly (eeck I know, but there wasn't anything else avaliable) that was washable. So when Baby Julia grown up and has a child of her own she can was the years of stuff that has accumulated on the dress out. Of course washing by soaking, by hand gently.

Well let me know what you think.

No comments: