background

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Big Pot!

Every week at Rotary Club we have a drawing. We start with a regular deck of 52 cards. You can buy 3 tickets for $2 or 7 tickets for $5. Your ticket goes in a basket and someone draws from all the tickets, lucky ticket gets to pull a card from the deck. If you draw the 4 of hearts you get the pot. Half of what is given to buy tickets goes to the pot the other half goes to TheRotaryFoundation

Well, this past Tuesday I bought the 7 tickets for $5, I was feeling lucky. The drawer pulled my number (lucky me, had my number drawn 2 weeks ago also)

Oh I was so excited (I never win) I waved my hands over the cards trying to get some vibes off the cards. There was one card kind of sticking out on the left side. No, it couldn't be that one! The deck was down to about 15 cards. So I went to the right side, no, last time I went to the right side when I thought I should go to the left side. So I went back to the left side. Quickly pulled the card out, flipped it over and....

It was the 4 of hearts!!!! Yea Me!!!! I won, I won, I won!!!
I put half of it towards my Rotary Fondation goal and pocketed the rest!!

No comments: