background

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Springtime In Paris ~ Complete~ Almost

I finally got all the painting done. But I only did two walls.  I figured if I did all the walls it would be to much and just look like a trapped mad man scribbled all over the place.
All though I have stenciled before, this stencil was a bit more difficult due to the small spaces of the letters.  I didn't dilute my paint, it was straight Sherwin Williams. 
 I LOVE the the results!!
 I did more of a washed out look.  My walls were not smooth enough for the definite, bold, look.  And this looked worked better with my decor.
 I am undecided on towels.  For months I have looked for brown towels, not so easy to find, most looked washed out or had a red tone to them.  Now I am wondering if I should do with the wall color. I'm thinking the brown will look like big fat bricks on the wall, and I don't want to introduce another color.
 What do you thing?
 Brown or the blue-greeny wall color?
See the towel bar in the picture?
Well that's it for now!  Hopefully in the next few weekends I can wrap this all up and get back to a good book. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

DMogab said...

It is beautiful. I love it. I would go with towels that match the wall. I agree with you that brown ones would look like bricks! Do a simple brown monogram on the towels that would compliment the stenciling. This really is fantastic. LOVE it!