background

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Searching for a pattern

Well, last night I got my patterns out to start working on the Christening dress for Baby Julia. I looked and looked for something I could whip out in 2 weeks. Then I remembered a beautiful dress I had that I bought some years ago to wear to a special friends wedding. I had decided that if she had a girl I would make her a Christening dress from it, but, she had a boy.

This is also the dress I wore in the picture of DD and me. So it is a very special dress. It is a slight cream, the original underdress was a darker peach so it made it look really creamy. But when you put white under it, it is stunning! That first cut is going to be hard!

So, I decided to make Baby Julia's dress out of this beautiful netting. I think if I were to buy this type of netting it would be $$ a yard.

I can't wait to get started!! But, it will have to wait until tomorrow, I have Church tonight.

No comments: