background

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fashion Inside Out


I bought a new book. And I love it.

Fashion Inside Out: Daniel V's Guide to How Style Happens from Inspiration to Runway and Beyond

I love the fuzzy cover, it's like it's flocked. Here is the review I left on Amazon.

I'm a big fan of Project Runway (though I didn't discover the show till the middle of the 3rd season) I always wondered how they could make such beautiful clothes from just a sketch. Well now I know! You can tell the book took lots of time, blood, sweat and tears to put together. Beautiful inside and out. Love th flocking on the cover. This book is not only great eye candy (the photography is fabulous) it is very informative. Gives great advice to us amateur seamstresses. I love sewing! But want to go beyond Simplicity and Vogue patterns. Great job!

The picture on 26 and 27 is what heaven must look like. Said one sewer to the other!

That picture was a double page spread of rolls and rolls and rolls of beautiful, sumptuous, colorful fabric!!! Sigh.......

No comments: